We’re days away from wrapping up a successful 2019 project season— it’s crazy how time flies! This also means that it’s the magical time of year when we hold our annual Wilderness Volunteers photo contest. This year’s grand prize includes a free Wilderness Volunteers project for the 2020 season on projects with an open spot.
Check out some gorgeous submissions from last year’s contest.
Set aside some time, open that laptop or smartphone and enter your favorite WV project photos by clicking on the following links and uploading your selections to the WV SmugMug gallery in these categories:
- Landscapes (scenic photos of our nation’s public lands)
- Wildlife (from slugs to bears, if it’s a wild creature it’s game)
- On the Trail + Hard at Work (volunteers/hikers on trails or working on projects)
- Wildflowers + Trees (photos of flowers, plants, trees from a 2019 WV project)
- Camp Life (what life looks like for volunteers when they’re not working)
To view entries so far go to https://wildernessvolunteers.smugmug.com/Annual-Photo-Contest/2019-WV-Photo-Contest and click on the desired category.
One winner will be selected for each category as well as a grand prize winner for the best photo.
A gift certificate for a free Wilderness Volunteers project good for the 2020 project season
A final list of prizes for each category will be listed after Monday, November 11th.
You can enter as many photos as you like, just be sure to do so before the deadline of the end of day on Sunday, December 15, 2019!
- All photos must be taken on a 2019 Wilderness Volunteers Project and subject matter must comply with Leave No Trace ethics & principles.
- Each entry must include the photographer’s name and the project it was taken on.
- The same photo cannot be entered in more than one category. Judges reserve the right to switch images to other categories.
- The contest is open to all 2019 WV project participants and leaders, except for Wilderness Volunteers staff, contest judges and their families. WV reserves the right to verify, in its sole judgment, entrant eligibility.
- Photographs will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, and artistic merit. Awards will be selected by a panel of judges, and all decisions are final.
- Entries must be submitted to the Wilderness Volunteers photo gallery no later than 11:59 pm UTC on by Sunday, December 15th, 2019 to be eligible.
- Judges may exclude entries that do not meet the above criteria.
- Winners will be notified by email. Wilderness Volunteers is not responsible for lost or damaged prizes.